Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC One mobile data exceeded limit after 4.4.2 update
denners71

After I did the update to go from jellybean to kitkat there is now an icon that stays at the top of my phone that is a triangle with a exclamation point in it and when I click on it is says "mobile data limit exceeded". It goes away for a couple days after the billing cycle recycles but then it comes back. I have never gone over the limit either. Is there a way to get rid of this pesky icon??!!

0 Likes
Re: HTC One mobile data exceeded limit after 4.4.2 update
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Check your mobile data settings ... sounds like the setting for alerting you about data usage got reset or changed when your phone received the OS update.

denners71

Everything is unchecked except for the "mobile data". I unchecked everything after I got the had this problem 2 months ago but I still get it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

On the settings page, under Mobile settings, is Data Usage.  Is "Alert me about data usage" selected?  Beneath that, you can customize the time period it measures, and when to alert you.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yep, those are the settings I was referring to.  Of course, you have to have the mobile data turned on in order to see those options. 

dblM

It isn't the same alert as the data usage alert others are referring to.  I'm having the same issue right now, and I moved that alert to a level below my current usage and that alert came up in addition to this alert, and with a different icon.  I increased the alert level again and that notification went away but this one stayed.  Currently on hold for support for about 45 min..

denners71

What was the outcome?

0 Likes
dblM

They put a ticket in to HTC and to VZW network team, supposed to hear something back within a few days....

0 Likes
denners71

Well its back... I've only used 23% (not even 1gb yet) of my data so far. Its been 14 days since my bill cycle started up again. This is getting very annoying! Verizon has done nothing as customer service is concerned. Im now thinking its a mix of verizon & htc.

0 Likes
wallyangie

I am having the same exact problem!!  Have you had any results from VZW?  I learned from a post somewhere else if you pull down the notification bar and hold down the icon it will tell you what app it is and mine says Android System!  This is driving me nuts and the phone is only two months old!