HTC One won't connect to 4G/load internet when connected to home wi-fi
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

My One is three days old, and it never connects to 4G, no matter what I do to the settings.  My beloved Thunderbolt, up until I deactivated it on Friday to switch to the One, always connected to 4GLTE, so I know it isn't that I don't have the coverage. Also, it remembers my home wi-fi network, accepts the password, and actually connects, but then if I try to connect to something like Instagram, or update my weather app, it doesn't work. I will show a full strength connection to the wi-fi network in the status bar, but the phone never connects to the internet. What's the deal?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC One won't connect to 4G/load internet when connected to home wi-fi
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

At last! I have got it working now. I decided to go back into my settings, change LTE/CDMA back to Global, then change it to LTE/CDMA again, and restart the phone. When the phone booted up completely and came back to the home screen, it was connected to 4G LTE. Problem fixed! Thanks for the suggestions!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, the wifi part is fixed, had to push WPS on my modem and phone at the same time, but the 4G LTE problem remains unsolved. Like I said before, it isn't that 4g LTE is available in my area, because it is, and I used it on my Thunderbolt all the time. My One is being quite stubborn, however, and refuses to find anything but 3G. Is there a fix for this, or am I out of luck?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Angela

Although I do not have this phone maybe someone here that does can help you out, but these questions need

to be asked.

1. Do you have LTE/CDMA turned on in Mobile Networks?

2. Have you ever been able to connect to 4g anywhere else?

3. Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have LTE/CDMA selected and I did do a factory reset to no avail. I haven't tried connecting anywhere else, because I don't typically bring out my phone when I'm out and about. I have some errands to run today which will take me all over town, so I'll give it a try and see if I'm able to connect to 4g elsewhere.

Thank you for your suggestions, though. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

While you are out and about and still can't get 4g I would stop by your local VZW store and see if they can get it to connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

angela_marie, let's solve this 4G LTE mystery. I'm on the case! First, lets check your coverage area to confirm that 4G is available there. http://vz.to/19oQkRy Your device is designed to connect to the best wireless tower based on signal strength. As a result, it's very normal to see that device fluctuate from 3G to 4G. Are you having any issues accessing the Internet while connected to 3G? Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is 4GLTE coverage in my area, but I am still only getting 3G. I have no trouble accessing the internet while using 3G, though occasionally it will load a bit slower than when I used 4GLTE on my Thunderbolt. I have selected LTE/CDMA in my settings, so I'm not quite sure what else to do.

0 Likes
angela_marie
Enthusiast - Level 2

At last! I have got it working now. I decided to go back into my settings, change LTE/CDMA back to Global, then change it to LTE/CDMA again, and restart the phone. When the phone booted up completely and came back to the home screen, it was connected to 4G LTE. Problem fixed! Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Likes