HTC Rezound Mobile Network stuck "Turning On"
TreyS

Hello,

My Rezound is not able to get any data. Is connected to the network to work as a dumb phone just fine. I have tried airplane mode along with the ever efficient reboot of the phone. I have seen a few posts here with the same issue but unable to find an answer. Any one have ideas?

Thanks,

Trey

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound Mobile Network stuck "Turning On"
Rick-In-NC

I'm sure a lot of the radio issues with the Rezound are tower related, distance, power, etc. However, I agree with you that the Rezound has difficulty selecting and staying connected to 3G and 4G towers. My Rezound, when tethered or acting as a hot spot, will connect fine for various amounts of time and then simply refuse to "shake hands" with the tower. I usually use the phone by itself for nearly all my internet use and still have stability issues.

We have 4G in town and that works great, very nice when you have it. The tower where I live is 12 miles from the 4G tower and is an eHRPD 3G tower. Quite often when switching between the towers in either direction the phone fails to connect and can be very stubborn about reconnecting.

One work around I found was to download and install a free app called LTE OnOff from the Play Store. The publisher is Cunning Logic. It's not written specifically for the Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt I think, but it works great. I basically set it for CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto or for LTE only. It seems to stabilize the connection and stops the phone from having to decide which service to use. There are a ton of options for radio selection, but those are the 2 that work for me.

I have found it interesting that when I'm at work (located in a gray area between 3G and 4G) and let the phone decide how to connect it seems to prefer 3G. Maybe that is Verizons doing. But, if I make it connect 4G it works great and has the same signal strength and 3 times the bandwidth.

Maybe Verizon will stand by their recent statement that their entire network will be 4G by mid-2013 and a lot of these connecting issues will disappear. I look forward to the day when my "home" tower is upgraded to 4G. That will be sweet. I'm also interested in looking at the HTC DNA. The Rezound doesn't get the credit deserved, but it is a great phone.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound Mobile Network stuck "Turning On"
overdude

The solution to your problem is quite simple actually, as I had this same problem recently.  You need to do a wipe data/factory reset, and it should be performed in recovery mode.

If you don't know how to get into recovery mode, just ask around.

0 Likes
HTC Rezound Mobile Network stuck "Turning On"
TreyS

Sorry for not updating. The issue resolved itself. I had performed everything but a factory reset prior.

Thanks.

0 Likes