HTC Rezound OTA update has new version of My Verizon Mobile that will take over your phone and force you to pay your bill
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the OTA firmware update not only is my previously perfect phone now a mess with fast battery drain and severe overheating problems among other things!

I had the "My Verizon Mobile" app keep running automatically and completely take over my phone.  It goes directly to the bill pay section and this was about 5 days before my bill was due.  It wouldn't even let me make a call.  Enter a phone number, press call and the "My Verizon Mobile" app pops up on bill pay.  It will not let you do anything.  Whatever you do it keeps popping up.

The change VZW has made to make "My Verizon Mobile" run automatically days before your bill is due trying to force you to pay your bill is totally unacceptable. I am not a child and have never had payment problems and don't need this kind of nanny harassment!  If I was late maybe this would be acceptable but is is not acceptable to take over my phone days before my bill is due!.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound OTA update has new version of My Verizon Mobile that will take over your phone and force you to pay your bill
tdpg

The phone itself may need to be flashed.  If you have the phone's software on a computer try to sync it. If not make them do a warranty exchange if unable to access your app market. If you can get to app market unistall the my verizon updates and turn off the automatic updating for that app. My phone was being all kinds of stupid until I unistalled updates for it and several other apps.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound OTA update has new version of My Verizon Mobile that will take over your phone and force you to pay your bill
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once I capitulated and went ahead and paid my bill I have access to everything.  I will try uninstalling updates but I believe it was part of the OTA firmware update so don't know if I can get rid of the changes.

0 Likes
jmurphy914
Enthusiast - Level 3

ya I have same problem. It had nothing to do with the bill. I just have to wait like 2 minutes for the damned app to load and then I can exit it and try again to make the call. Its happened to me like 5 times now and is VERY annoying. I was trying to speak with the hospital about my fiance in serious condition, and they got quite frustrated with me. Sometimes it DOES make the call but you cant tell if it did or not and cant see anything but the damned app. This MUST be fixed!

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

For me My Verizon Mobile always came up on the bill pay page even though my bill was not due for days.  Once I paid my bill My Verizon Mobile stopped running on its own and preventing me from doing anything.

0 Likes
nascrnanna88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here its like a built in bill collector !

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Android is getting out of control. I'm thinking iPhone and missing the security of blackberry. Ditching data all together isn't looking to bad either.

0 Likes
stevolene
Enthusiast - Level 2

surely this is a solitary case, Ive been with verizon 7 years and at times have had problems with bill payments, they have always worked with me and have yet to shut off service, maybe times are changing, I guess if this does occur it would be the first and last time, there are too many other options out there these days

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope to god that doesn't happen to my phone. So far all the update has done is frustrate me in other ways. But nothing like this... I will certainly be on the look out for this though.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Please check dates on threads, this is a very old thread and, not implying anything about the OP, but this is the only case I've heard of this, including my own Rezound. I've been behind on my bill quite a bit lately and never had this happen.

0 Likes