HTC Rezound problem with email account
palermo_mom

I just purchased the phone Thursday and it was working very well.  Yesterday, I started getting an error message everytime it checks for yahoo email.  The error message is "Unable to send mail.  The account setting is incorrect".  I am receiving and can send messages, but every 15 minutes it beeps 6 times to inform me of the message - very irritating.  I took it to the Verizon store and no one there knew what to do.  I tried to delete the account but it won't let me. 

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound problem with email account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the Yahoo email app?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

palermo_mom

The Yahoo email app is working.  The person who set up my phone has all of my account using the Mail application and that is the one where I am getting the error message. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the yahoo email application is working then I would suggest removing the yahoo account from the Mail application so that it doesn't sync twice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
palermo_mom

Thanks but I tried that and still getting the error message.  I would like to remove the yahoo account and then reinstall but it won't let me do that.   Says not authorized.  I tried changing the password, that didn't work either.

0 Likes
HTC Rezound problem with email account
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you don't mind setting up any other email addresses back into the mail app, you could always try clearing cache and data for the app.  From your homescreen, press menu>settings>applications>manage applications, press the all tab at the top of the screen, scroll down to and press Mail, select clear cache, clear data.  You will loose all data associated with the Mail app (email addresses, passwords, notification settings, etc., your emails will still be available on the associated website), but it will clear out the Yahoo account.

The Rezound has been notoriously bad with Yahoo email, but that will be fixed in a future update.

0 Likes
sglenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem. Under the all tab in manage applications only the Force Stop and About button are lit, the other butons are greyed out.  Under the email settings tab my email address is also greyed.  What should I do?

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this same problem happen after I had to change all of my passwords with Google because of my Facebook account being hacked. For some reason the Rezound could not reconfigure the email with my new password. I ended up just doing a hard reset and it has been fine ever since.

0 Likes
sglenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up doing a hard reset. Thanks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes