Re: HTC Rezound update has shortened battery life and causing device to run hot anyone having issues?
maldak

I appreciate the help.  I just tried more videos and had to finally just get out of it

and put the phone down - it's just too frustrating to watch.  I emailed the rep I used at Verizon

as I have heard some people having trouble after the update too - I'll see what happens.

I still have a few days to return the phone - so if it doesn't get better that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks again for trying to help - I do appreciate it.

Tom

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound update has shortened battery life and causing device to run hot anyone having issues?
saveicarus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm relieved that I'm not the only person with this issue...  it's pretty frustrating that the phone gets so hot at the most random of times, even a considerable amount of time after manually killing unneeded tasks.  I did have to change some foolish settings that were altered after the update (real brilliance, Verizon).  My display had to be returned to NORMAL from High Performance; Sleep had to be put back to AUTOMATIC; also the Power mode had to be returned to AUTOMATIC.  I downloaded a battery widget yesterday to keep an eye on the power level, even before I stumbled across this thread, and after making these three changes, I've seen a noticeable slowing of power consumption.  If it resumes it's power-devour I'll repost.  Hopefully it'll be better now.

Tidbits
Legend

You know... Other than the bloatware, and RIL Verizon has nothing to do with the code... Just saying...

0 Likes
maldak

I would have thought the same thing - but I can't explain how after this update things went to hell.

It didn't take long to download the 52mb update file - but now it takes 5 minutes or more to

download a 3mb file.  The only thing that changed was the update - so to me it has to have had some effect.

Browsing is dead slow, youtube is almost unusable now - and before things were pretty good.  Something

sure changed - I know that for sure - and I physically didn't change anything.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have you tried clearing your browser and youtube cache?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You may have said but i am on my phone.... Have you tried a master reset since the update?

0 Likes
maldak

Hi,

Well - not sure what a master reset is - but if it's taking the battery out and putting it back

I did.  I also shut it off every night as well.  I did clear all the cache and all - and still nothing.  I also saw I had a test message - so I went to check it and just for 4 lines of text took about 30 seconds. 

I'll have to decide what to do with this by Monday - but at this point I think it's going back.

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes
budone
Legend

No that is not a master reset. I will let ya know how to do it latef if no one else does

0 Likes
maldak

Wouldn't a master reset be like a factory reset - and I would lose everything on the phone ?

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yep, that is why it is important to copy pix, dox and anything else to your PC. Backup contacts online and use an app to track what apps you have so you can re download

Which got me thinking, have you attempted to place the phone in safe mode to see if anything improves? Safe mode takes all downloaded apps out of the equation..... Worth a shot

0 Likes