HTC Rhyme SD Card Unmounted
vplatz

I have been having issues with my SD card being unmounted since my software update over the weekend. I have tried shutting down running applications on my phone, I have tried mounting and unmounting, I have restarted my phone, taken the sd card out, pretty much anything I could think of except reset my phone (I dont want to lose all of my information). What can I do to fix this problem? Is there a way to uninstall an update? The update is what seems to have created the problem.

Help please!

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme SD Card Unmounted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see your cry for help, vplatz!
You have done quite a bit to troubleshoot already. Thanks for that.  I don't want you to lose any information on that card.
Have you tried to transfer the files to your computer to make sure they are backed up?
I ask this because the last thing we want to do is format that SD card, but it will delete all info from the card.
That's why I want you to save everything to the computer first by following these steps http://vz.to/100mykP.
http://vz.to/15ezt7p shows how to format the card in case you need help. Once you format the card & transfer the files back, place it back in the device and test it again. Please let me know how that works.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vplatz

I havent tried backing them up yet. I will do that when I get home tonight. How do I format or re-format my SD card if needed? Reset the phone?

Thank you

Vaughna

0 Likes
hisbaby

i have the same phone phone and it asked me to update my apps and once i did that i wanted to make sure that all my pictures, video, and music was there and they are all gone!!!! how can i get them back the pictures of my family were on there and i would like them back....what can i do please tell me theres a way to get them back?

0 Likes
HTC Rhyme SD Card Unmounted
vplatz

My SD Card asked me to format it. This will wipe everything off of it but now I think everything is gone from the card anyways. I have no idea what to try but am frustrated!

0 Likes