HTC Rhyme crashed - trying to recover sms from sd card
Jay1

Hello. HTC Rhyme crashed and I'm trying to recover SMS texts from the SD Card.  There is a folder on the SD card labeled "sms_backup".  WIthin that folder, there is an unidentifiable file that is 29KB.  In the type of file block, it simply says "File."  Can I restore these on the phone to a readable format - if so, how?  Tried to transfer to a PC just for historical purposes, but regardless of which program I use to open it, it comes up in some type of cryptic code.  Please help.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme crashed - trying to recover sms from sd card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the file extension of the file(s) in the sms_backup folder?  Do you recall which SMS Backup application you were using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme crashed - trying to recover sms from sd card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jay1, I know it can be difficult to lose precious info on your phone! The phone does not automatically backup SMS. Do you remember previously downloading an SMS backup application? If you did, you can re-download that application to recover your SMS. Search for SMS backup applications in the PlayStore and give it a try.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes