HTC Rhyme dropping calls!!!
tinkntaz

I have had this phone for just under a week. When I make phone calls and Im on the phone for a while, all the sudden it will hang up on people. Im not hitting any buttons. Im not happy with this phone and didnt know what my options were since I just upgraded or if this is a common problem with this phone. I do not want to me stuck with a phone for 2 years that is dropping calls. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme dropping calls!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the proximity sensor working so that the screen is turned off while you are on the call?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tinkntaz

Yes it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there tinkntaz. I am happy to see that you upgraded your device and purchased a brand new HTC Rhyme. I'm not happy with how the phone is performing for you and I want to make sure that we get it up and running and fully functional. I can assure you that this is not a common issue? Does this happen on all calls or intermittanly?

One thing I want you to make sure is that the back cover of your phone is secured tightly, because that is where the phones antenna is located and if the back cover is loose that could affect call signal strength.

Try doing a soft reset as well by powering off the device and removing the battery. Leave the battery out for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds go ahead and put the battery back in and power the device back on and test the calls again for me. If this doesn't work, we'll have to go ahead and dig deeper. What is your zip code so I can check your coverage area? Have you always had service in this area?

Also, if you are not satisfied with the device and still within the 14 day worry free garuntee period you can return the device and exchange it for something that you are more comfortable with. Please advise if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes