HTC Sync doesn't recognize my Thunderbolt
rbn226

When I connect my Thunderbolt via USB, my laptop doesn't "see" the phone.  I'm trying to figure out how to get pictures, videos, and music onto my phone. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Sync doesn't recognize my Thunderbolt
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else had success when enabling the LTE/CDMA under 'Settings>Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks>Network Mode' ?  

Also, ensure the computer meets all system requirements on the HTC Sync website under the 'more' link there.  If you continue to have issues, please contact HTC. They do offer support for their sync products.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

on the tbolt go to settings-->connect to pc-->default connection type-->and select disk drive. (i think this should work???) then try plugging it into your pc or laptop.

0 Likes
rbnew226

I've tried that and it doesn't work.  My phone charges through the cable, but the laptop doesn't recognize the phone driver and my phone doesn't ever show its connected to the PC.  I've re installed them twice.  

0 Likes
sharilee

Same problem, still havent; figured it out.

0 Likes
sharilee

Also tried the settings suggested to no avail.  Windows 7 doesn't recognize it,  tried to download HTC Sync on my pc, but it would\don't download because it's 64 bit OS.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Ruins

HTC Driver

Try downloading and installing this driver. I use Windows 7 64 bit and it works fine for me. I haven't gotten HTC Sync to recognize my TBolt either, but this will at least allow you to mount your memory card for pictures, music, ringtones, etc.

0 Likes
marw

It didn't recognized it immediately (I have Windows 64 bit as well), but ultimately it did. Not sure what I did - but I had the driver installed. I had to plug and unplug the USB cable a few times. Set the connection type to HTC Sync. To copy photos, I just connected it as a disk drive and copied directly into the folder on the TB.

0 Likes
JimH4662
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looking through other threads/forums, i found a solution that enabled me to finally get HTC sync to work. You have to have 4G enabled. Using the suggested battery saving tip of setting it to 3g has some glitch that would not let it sync. Go figure.

0 Likes
HDthunder
Enthusiast - Level 2

i power cycled/rebooted my phone and it has worked fine every since. 

0 Likes
Killy23

I have the same problem. I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and my PC is running Windows 7 64-bit OS. I am on the network wireless, not 3G. I have set the connection type to disc drive. I have downloaded the HTC Sync driver and set the connection type to HTC Sync. I have restarted my phone. No dice. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

0 Likes