HTC Thunderbolt email
Dale-Bagdad

I have a HTC Thunderboolt and can't set up email for Verizon. It will not connect using my email and password . I can conet to my email through the web using the exact same email and password @ My verizon. I've tried manual setup and alternate email with no result. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt email
Dale2

Well here I am replying to my own message. I can't sign in to the forums without landing back on the "complete your Profile" page, so I had to create a new ID just to get back into these forums.  At any rate the verizon.net email I use is through verizon residential Yahoo. I tried signing in through email on the web through the phone and the reply was I am using verizon  yahoo and can't sign in this way. I have to go the verizon residential sign in with the  user name and password I have thereto see my email on the verizon yahoo email page. I also tried yahoo and other email and tried all options in manual setup with no results. I would think that a verizon.net email address would register via the verizon email offered on the phone options. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if anyone @ verizon reads these posts would you please explain to me why I can't sign in to this forum with my original user name and email address, or why I'm not automatically signed in when I sign into "My Verizon Wireless"? I'm running out of email addresses to use.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

After the last update, MR2, which I did not install, and at the same time VZW was updating their web page I also had to create another account to access the forum.  If you scroll down the dates a couple of pages I suspect you will find a thread referencing this, I forget who started it.  I had the problem right after I accessed My VZ App on the TB.  When I went back to the App I made sure it was not running in the background and logged onto the forum again and I was back to normal on the VZW forum.

I don't know but this may also help you with your verizon email account.

Good Luck,

0 Likes
Not applicable

Dale-Bagdad, thanks for your inquiry, and I understand why it would be so frustrating to get your email setup. First, are you able to login to your verizon.net email account by going directly to Yahoo on your computer? Try that first. Sometimes after validating thru Yahoo, it gives the option to setup the email as a Yahoo account on the phone. Also, if it does not allow you to setup as a Yahoo account, make sure you are using these settings when setting up manually:

Server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

POP email address: Username @verizon.net
Username: Username (do not include domain)
Security/Encryption: no SSL
Incoming Port: 110

Server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
User Authentication: On
POP email address: Username @verizon.net
Username: Username (do not include domain)
Security/Encryption: None
Outgoing Port: 25
If port 25 is blocked use 587

I can send information to the team that handles the logins to the forum for your second issue. 
0 Likes
ABales65

The instructions for linking my verizon.net email to my Thunderbolt work fine. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes