Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
HTC Thunderbolt routinely texts the wrong person
CoolDude

Do other Android phones have this problem?  Thunderbolts will sometimes when texting freeze up for a second and then your text will go to some other random person, usually somebody you've also been texting recently.

This is bad news.  Verizon, what's the deal here?  I know you guys know about this issue.  What kind of fix is available and if there is none please give me a Blackberry.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt routinely texts the wrong person
B33
Legend

Its been reported on the forums as others are having the same issue with there droids sending Text msg's to random No's an not were there supposed to go you might check other areas of the forum an read the other post on this problem.

An call customer service an let them know your T-bolt is doing this. an see if they can help ya. !  B33

0 Likes
jjw76
I was told by HTC this evening that Verizon has to reprovision the line . Apparently when a text comes in it is reading the imis number instead of the phone number and therefore the reply is sent to the wrong person.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have been lucky so far because I havenet seen this issue on my devices but I have seen that is seems to be happening to a number of users on diffrent devices do the issue is network related...

0 Likes
thunderdolts

This started happening to me after the last update

before 1.70.605.0   7/16/2011

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

Its very upseting for the device to send Text messages to the wrong person.This has been brought to our product investigation team and HTC. There is no known resolution at this time. As soon as one is available we will post the information.

Thank you

0 Likes
jmhoney

It's been happening to me for a few weeks now....  glad I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
jjw76
Nope. As I said, HTC told me to clear cookies, caches, and history then reboot. If still a problem, which mine is, it is Verizon and they need to reprovision your line, basically delete and totally set it up again. Don't bother calling Verizon CS as they have done nothing for me but lie to me and waste hours of my time. Literally.
0 Likes
ajs262

It happens more frequently lately, I find the more open strings there are the more likely this happens.  Very frustrating and sometimes embarrassing.

0 Likes
emce

For the record this is happening to me also all the time and only started a few weeks ago.  Very frustrating.... don't even want to use text anymore and have to watch what I say to my BF.  Pretty ridiculous.  Should be fixable since this has never happened to me before and I've been using an HTC Android Phone for nearly 2 years.

0 Likes