HTC, Verizon working on ThunderBolt reboots
Wildman
Legend

HTC ThunderBolt reboots

When it comes to the HTC ThunderBolt, probably our biggest gripe is the spate of reboots. Look down, and, yep, there it goes again. It's one thing if it's a hacked phone with nightly builds -- and another if it's a stock consumer release.

But the good news is that some whiny blogger whined about it on Twitter, and Verizon responded with what you see above. Not that we had any doubt that HTC and Verizon are working to squash a bug or three, but it is nice to see it publicly.

Origianal osthttp://www.androidcentral.com/htc-verizon-working-thunderbolt-reboots

0 Likes
Re: HTC, Verizon working on ThunderBolt reboots
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It is for things like these that I'm glad we have those "whiny" bloggers. :smileyhappy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have yet to install the update. i've seen many issues with it (particularly the reboot, which would drive me NUTS!), and have yet to see that it actually fixed anything???? and while i really don't know anything about this stuff, it still doesn't make any sense to me that i have to set the phone to 1x just to find the update. that alone indicates to me that there is something off with it. i ran a thread and had a couple people post that they haven't had problems....but mostly the thread generated complaints....and the real reason i started the thread was because i was looking for any users that could actually point out improvements, of which i saw none  :smileysad:   people still have the gps issues and My Verizon still doesn't work.....and those that actually had connectivity issues, still do. i'm still trying to figure out what exactly it did?

0 Likes
Jvars

I had major gps issues with my phone. After update gps is improved and even my weather widget is showing correct location now. My phone hasn't thought it is in Honolulu since the update :smileywink: No reboots yet that I know of.  Video sound can actually be heard now :smileyhappy:   still having data connection issues on 3g.  It almost seems like the people that had major problems have seen improvements after update while those that had little to no problems have had the update make their phone worse! 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Jvars wrote:

I had major gps issues with my phone. After update gps is improved and even my weather widget is showing correct location now. My phone hasn't thought it is in Honolulu since the update :smileywink: No reboots yet that I know of.  Video sound can actually be heard now :smileyhappy:   still having data connection issues on 3g.  It almost seems like the people that had major problems have seen improvements after update while those that had little to no problems have had the update make their phone worse! 

that's what i've noticed. i only had the gps issue (LONG time to lock in while using nav.....but my location was always dead on and i've only woke up in Pawtuckett instead of Phoenix once since i've owned it) so i don't want to mess up a pretty good thing i have!!!!

GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

So far from the three Thunderbolts I have had so far ( my original purchase from release day and the two replacements since ) I have only had the first replacement reboot once but my original TB hasn't rebooted once neither did the second replacement. I updated all three and I agree I'm having a hard time finding the improvements. I sent back the first replacement device because it rebooted with in hours of taking it out of the box plus the bottom insert trim piece fell out. The second replacement went back today because of connection issues and the glass wasn't sealed properly or something and I had light coming out from around the screen when the the lower buttons were illuminated. Needless to say I'm disappointed with the refurbs they're sending out but I don't really get this reboot issue since I have really only had it happen once the since release date BUT if we were talking about the dropped connection issue I would have a lot to say about that.  

mpallen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been noticing when my reboots it is after I was using an app that you have to select "MENU" and select "QUIT".  If I press HOME to exit back to my home screen the app is still be running and memory fills and restarts or doesn't exit properly then restarts.  Once I remember which apps such as Pandora, I have to be sure to select "menu" then "quit" and not the home button.  Another app I found is like Bubble Blast 2 for example.

mpallen
Enthusiast - Level 1

After posting my last post of choosing to QUIT the apps, now it doesn't matter.  The phone restarts and before I ddin't have the issue with GPS crashing the phone and now that exist too.  Jinx'd myself, spoke too soon.