HTC one wifi issue!
bmarii

Surprise,

once again, I updated my HTC one, this time to Kit Kat and lost any way of connecting to my home WIFI. I have had this issue before, however I am not remembering how to fix this.  I have done everything from rebooting my router, computer, and phone.  I even did a factory reset on my phone after the upgrade.  I have been working on this for HOURS, and am ready to launch my phone into the wall.  It recognizes my home wifi network and says secured with WPA/WPA2, it lets choose to connect, but it won't actually connect to everything.  It also does not let me "forget" my network... I have tried changing my wireless router to no passcode, and that has failed too. Someone please HELP!

0 Likes
Re: HTC one wifi issue!
mikey0271
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem & getting no help from support or HTC.

0 Likes
Re: HTC one wifi issue!
Klue
Master - Level 1

Go into your router settings and make sure your router has the lastest drivers.  If it does then change the channel number and change the frequency, set them to some other number and dont use auto setting.  Save the changes, then reboot the modem, then reboot the router, then reboot the phone in that order.   Even though you have other devices that connect to your wifi, Kit Kat might not be compatable with your current router settings.