HTC says VZW One to have 4.3 by end of October
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3
Re: HTC says VZW One to have 4.3 by end of October
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't forget HTC's history in these updates. They were the ones that issued tentative schedules (and Verizon Verizon Wireless did a press release for) for the ICS operating system updates on their phones including the HTC Rezound, Thunderbolt, DInc2 and Rhyme. The Rezound one might have been close to the original schedule. The Tbolt update was pushed back at least a month and I don't think the DInc2 and Rhyme ever got their update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like a perfect partner for Verizon then

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

and it's now delayed for at least ANOTHER month. If you want to see how 4.3 works on the One then you'll have to check one out on AT&T or Sprint.

How bout you try out something different, Verizon? Try being the FIRST carrier to give it's customers the software updates for the devices you sold

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well they are first for another device in the Verizon Wireless lineup.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

There's a first for everything. I guess if you buy their #1 selling android handset you get prompt updates. If you decide to buy a different handset you are out of luck. Remember the Nexus? How many months behind was VZW on the those updates?

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do remember the Galaxy Nexus phone. Mine is sitting at home in airplane mode with the SIM card pulled out. I check for updates to apps about once a week so it is ready to be changed to an activated device again someday.

0 Likes
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

"How bout you try out something different, Verizon? Try being the FIRST carrier to give it's customers the software updates for the devices you sold"

Ha ha ha ha!!! That's really funny!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

December 17, 2013 Android 4.3 is released.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish this was never released!

The problems such as purple tint still exist with the main camera.

I see more bothering Verizon stuff around. What is the Verizon location? Leave US alone Verizon! You got paid for this phone and you already ruined it! Enouph is Enouph!

0 Likes