HTC thunderbolt Weather/Incorrect GPS location
djp2008

I have a problem with the weather/time program that came with my HTC thunderbolt and appears on my home screen. I love the program but it constantly shows the weather (my location) as in Ohio, Columbus or Baltic. I live in SE Michigan. This is my 2nd HTC, the first went back to VZW because I couldn't answer calls on the screen. It also had the same problem with location, it showed Columbus whenever I am at home. VZW store said "it does that sometimes". VZW call center was at a loss to explain it. I have taken out battery, checked the correct GPS & time zone set. If it says Baltic or Columbus I can sometimes fool it by getting into the google maps program and it shoots me from the incorrect location to mine but then goes back. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC thunderbolt Weather/Incorrect GPS location
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you leave the GPS signal on all the time or turn it off whenever you don't need it?

Try downloading an application called " GPS Test " from the Android Market and run it while standing outside and away from buildings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes