Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
HTC thunderbolt Weather/Incorrect GPS location
djp2008

I have a problem with the weather/time program that came with my HTC thunderbolt and appears on my home screen. I love the program but it constantly shows the weather (my location) as in Ohio, Columbus or Baltic. I live in SE Michigan. This is my 2nd HTC, the first went back to VZW because I couldn't answer calls on the screen. It also had the same problem with location, it showed Columbus whenever I am at home. VZW store said "it does that sometimes". VZW call center was at a loss to explain it. I have taken out battery, checked the correct GPS & time zone set. If it says Baltic or Columbus I can sometimes fool it by getting into the google maps program and it shoots me from the incorrect location to mine but then goes back. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC thunderbolt Weather/Incorrect GPS location
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Do you leave the GPS signal on all the time or turn it off whenever you don't need it?

Try downloading an application called " GPS Test " from the Android Market and run it while standing outside and away from buildings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes