HTC weather location fix for HTC Rezound ?
crvt

New phone, HTC Rezound, can't get my location under the weather to show where I am.  It continually says "current location." I have read several posts on similiar issues, done all that was recommended from syncing everything to checking GPS, which are all working perfectly.  I down loaded Weather Bug and it picks up my correct location with no issue.  Any suggestions on how to get my location to say where I am?

0 Likes
Re: HTC weather location fix for HTC Rezound ?
budone
Legend

I suspect the location the info is being pulled from is not named. I see that occasionally while travelling

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crvt,

Thanks for the info! It sounds like you have done some fantastic troubleshooting so far, thanks for your time and patience. Its important to have a properly working phone, so lets get this resolved. Try resetting the application called "Weather". Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>click on weather>clear cache & force close. Go back to the main screen, and see if the device can now determine where you are  located. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
crvt

thanks for your advice, but I can't get past the 2nd instruction.  i went to settings, then apps, and can't find manage apps on the screen.  silly question, but where is it on the Rezound? i think i've pressed everything to find manage apps, and can't locate it.  plz advise.

0 Likes
HalSK

Press menu, then settings, then apps. Wait a bit for the screen to fill, then press "all" at the top. Scroll down to weather and touch.

0 Likes
crvt

Thank you HalSK, your info helped and I have followed the steps suggested by Pamela(Verizon Cust Support), but that did not work.  Plz, any other advice?

0 Likes
crvt

Thanks Pamela, followed your instructions, nope didn't work.  Any other advice?  My phone knows where I am as it picks up the exact location continually at my weather bug app, but not the verizon app.   I can also add weather locations to the Verizon app and get that info, just not my current location.   Any more thoughts on the problem?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If the tower you are hitting has not been assigned a location name, you will see only current location.

0 Likes
crvt

budone, I don't think that is the issue as I've traveled 100's of miles and to different states and it never picks up the location.  can't possibly be all those different towers.  thanks for info though. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ok, I read your issue as just being at one location.....sorry

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes