Has anyone figured out why the Rhyme keeps rebooting???
cv23

I've been reading posts on this and still can't seem to find an answer...This is the worst phone ever....I have reset my phone several times, I have deleted all my apps and reloaded them and it's STILL rebooting randomly...and it's usually when I'm on a call or need to make a phone call...I am beyond irritated with this phone and about to go back to my motorola driod until I am able to renew and get a new phone in June...

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone figured out why the Rhyme keeps rebooting???
AliHay1

My Rhyme just started doing this yesterday and it has rebooted about 7 times in less than 24 hours.  Did the soft reset (hold power and down volume at the same time).  Still happening.  Seems like this just started for a lot of us... was there a software upgrade or something that is causing this???  I have Asurion but I don't want to pay $99 deductible to get another Rhyme that starts doing the same thing!!

0 Likes
cv23

This is my second one.  My first one died a horrible death (fell onto a concrete floor and shattered the screen even with a protective case on it), so I had no choice but to pay the $99 to get another one...so that said, this is the one from Asurion...I have 6 months until I can get a new phone, but it's becoming more and more frequent and getting more and more annoying...I also updated the software about 2 weeks ago or so and since then it's rebooting more frequently...I guess I can chalk this up to being a crappy phone....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for the trouble the device has been causing you, cv23! We want you to enjoy your Rhyme experience! Its a bummer that the first device was damaged. Unfortunately a concrete floor will claims its electronic victims regardless of the case around it. The good news is Asurion warranties their devices for up to 12 months so you can discuss replacement options with them! It does seem that may be the best solution. You can reach them at 888-881-2622. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cv23

It's already been a year since I had the device replaced.  I broke it about 2 weeks after I got it, so unfortunately, that won't work. Plus if I'm getting a replacement phone, I don't really want a third Rhyme.  I'll hold off until the end of June until I can upgrade. I've already dealt with this phone for 13 months, another 5 or 6 can't hurt...I also have my Driod if I really need to use a different phone.

0 Likes