Heads Up HTC Users...HTCSense.com sync service shutting down from April 30 to make way for new cloud services
Wildman
Legend

Here's a little information that HTC users using Sense.com, it appears HTC has reported that they will be discontinuing Sense.com on April 30. 2012 and setting up their own cloud base option for users...   Check out the response letter at https://www.htcsense.com/messages/service_change

3-26-2012 8-45-15 PM.png

Looks like HTC may be stepping into the game of cloud storage and this could be a nice change...  Hope there is full truth in this response because I would love to see this come to light.

Dear HTCSense.com customer,

HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you.

Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will be shutting down. If you have been using HTCSense.com to sync your Contacts, Messages, Footprints or Call History, you can download your data through April 30, 2012. After April 30, your data will no longer be accessible and will be deleted.

Download your .zip file by following these steps:

• Visit http://htcsense.com
  •    
  •    
  • Click the 'Download' button in the Account Overview section
  •    
  • A .zip file containing your data will download to your computer for easy viewing
  •    

If you would like phone location or backup services for your device, please visit Google Play (formerly Android Market) and download an application that best meets your needs.

If you need additional assistance, please contact HTC Customer Service.

We apologize for any inconvenience. You'll be among the first to know when the new and improved services are ready.

Thank you,
HTC

0 Likes
Re: Heads Up HTC Users...HTCSense.com sync service shutting down from April 30 to make way for new cloud services
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't even realize that the HTC Thunderbolt was actually support by HTCSense.  I remember checking it out when I first got the Tbolt, but the service wasn't available for the phone so I stopped looking at it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Heads Up HTC Users...HTCSense.com sync service shutting down from April 30 to make way for new cloud services
Wildman
Legend

I understand that the Thunderbolt does not support it on stock roms only but since this is for the HTC devices and there isn't any area just for the HTC devices I figured I would post on the TB thread because this is the device I am using... 

Also from what I heard it was going to be a official option for TB users when ICS hit but now this looks like a change in the plan..  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it does work with other roms though, and it was a pretty nice feature. it's a shame they are doing away with it, unless they go cloud based and offer similar features.....AND make it compatible with the stock rom.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

From what I have read it appears that this may be the case, they are working to make the feature cload base and if users download addon plugins they will be stored on that users devices cload storage...  This is just a first opinion but if this is what they are shooting for it should be a nice change...

0 Likes