Headset mode "stuck"
njsmith49424
Enthusiast - Level 2

After using headphones with my HTC ONE (M8) yesterday, the phone now randomly thinks there is a headset plugged into it.  Thankfully, I have not yet had calls affected by this, but with the phone thinking that there is a headset with microphone attached, if I do get a call and it switches into "headset mode", I'm assuming that the caller would not be able to hear me, because the phone would be looking for a microphone that isn't there!  The phone is just over 30 days old, please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Headset mode "stuck"
njsmith49424
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response. I had already tried that, actually, and ened up contacting Customer Service, who sent me out a replacement phone.  It looks like I should be receiving the replacement today.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new phone, njsmith49424. Now lets get you back to enjoying it. There could be some debris in the headphone jack. Try clearing it by blowing into the jack. I had this problem and I resolved it using this method.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
njsmith49424
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response. I had already tried that, actually, and ened up contacting Customer Service, who sent me out a replacement phone.  It looks like I should be receiving the replacement today.

ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just another reason to stick with Verizon, the customer service over the phone is phenomenal. I have not had any luck whatsoever in person at a store, but over the phone is great. Let us know if the new phone is problematic as well! The HTC One M8 is one I've considered . . .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ammoblammo, you should have the best customer service experience no matter how you reach out to us! I'm disappointed to hear that your visit to our store's has been less than perfect. Which store did you recently visit? http://vz.to/1h3etAK This feedback is important to us as it allows us to hear your recommendations on how we can be better for you.

The HTC One M8 is an awesome device! Click http://vz.to/1pgfiQt for more details about this phone.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey LasinaH_VZW. I had an ok experience last year at the mall kiosk in Duluth, MN, but the store I had no luck with doesn't exist anymore. There was flooding and I do not know if they plan to rebuild. I have avoided going into the brick and mortar for years now because online and over the phone has been great. I've actually got my heart set on the LG G3 phone when it becomes available.

Have you seen my post about my headset giving me shocks while using my phone? Any thoughts on that?

its here: Nokia Lumia 928 headphone issue?

0 Likes