Help, I can't update my HTC Rhyme Software.
p_pauling

I have the version 1.26.605.11 I've tried everything i know. I called *228 and chose option 2. I Restarted my phone numerous amounts of times. I wiped my catche, I updated Google play. When i chose the check new option it just goes back to the status and check new screen. It doesn't tell me if a new update is there.

0 Likes
Re: Help, I can't update my HTC Rhyme Software.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello p.pauling,  You certainly have worked diligently to get the device updated!  I am sorry you have dealt with all the hassle.  Have you had the device since the latest software update was released in April?  Have you tried running the update while connected to WiFi?  Let's get you updated!

Thanks,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
p_pauling

Well, i had my first htc rhyme from july which had the update. In November i got a replacement phone from Asurion. So i've been trying to update the replacement phone ever since and i have been unable to do so. I even did a factory reset & tried to update it with wifi & 3G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply and I apologize I was unable to reach out sooner.  Can you confirm the current software version on the device?  Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software information>Software version.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follwo us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
htcrhymeprobs

I have had the same problem since I first bought my phone in January 2012. I have tried everything as well, I've called customer support a thousand times, been into the store for help, called *228, updated Google Play, and no one has been able to help me. My phone also has problems connecting to HTC Sync on my computer and transferring my music. I'm not sure how to solve this problem, but I'd like to find the answer!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get to the bottom of this htcrhymeprobs!

What errors are you getting when you try to update the software?

Please provide the full information under "Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Android version, software version, >More, baseband version, and kernel version.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Keller1121

I am experiencing the same issues. I am getting a message saying there is a new system update. However when I go to update it downloads properly and when it starts the update about 1 minute in the red triangle with exclamation point comes up! I've tried wiping the cache partition, rebooting, *228 and nothing is working. Can someone please help me with this issue?? I have had nothing but issues with this phone since I have got it and I even got a replacement and the replacement is even worse!!!!!

0 Likes
EJai

I've tried downloading the latest HTC Rhyme software update-> (ADR63V_2.20.605.13-2.20.605.3), and keep getting an error graphic (red triangle with exclamation point inside). The software status says "Update Failed"; Code: 410. I've tried troubleshooting and re-booting the phone several times, made sure the phone is fully charge, etc... still to no avail. Here's a screenshot of the information.

Please advise. Thanks.

htcrhyme.jpg

0 Likes
ChosenHero567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have talked to Verizon and they have told me that there are a large number of failed updates and they are "working hard" to fix it. So just wait a few months for an update to fix the update. There is nothing you can do at this point. Kinda wish they could have told us since they know about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to all of you that have attempted to install the software update on your Rhyme. Once the software update is released, it will be pushed to your phone. If you received the notification about the update & it fails, we need you to contact us at 800.922.0204. At that point we complete a form to notify HTC for tracking purposes. At that time, we will also process an order for a replacement.
We have to make sure there is no physical or liquid damage (including corrosion in or around the charging port) in order to send the replacement to you.

I'm so sorry for any trouble this has caused. I'm sure you were excited to get the new update.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes