Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons
samelslne

Hello all,

I just bought this phone 5 days ago, and already turned in the first one.  Here is the issue:  when I bring this phone out of sleep, or press top button when the phone is on, the icons at the bottom of the phone light up, or should I say try to light up.  I know that they are supposed to light up at spacific times to notify the user  they have mail or whatever.  This is the second phone, (the first was worse) that has had this issue.  The home icon only lights up half the house, the menu icon only lights up the n and u, the bottom half of the back arrow is dim, and the search icon looks like it is 2 pieces.  Is this a common problem on this phone.   Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes
Re: Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Just take it back. Get something else. Seriously.  There are so many problems with this phone, and it seems like more are coming out every week. Your on your second phone in 5 days, to me that's not a good sign. Anyway that's just my .02 about it for whatever it's worth.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

samelslne wrote:

Hello all,

I just bought this phone 5 days ago, and already turned in the first one.  Here is the issue:  when I bring this phone out of sleep, or press top button when the phone is on, the icons at the bottom of the phone light up, or should I say try to light up.  I know that they are supposed to light up at spacific times to notify the user  they have mail or whatever.  This is the second phone, (the first was worse) that has had this issue.  The home icon only lights up half the house, the menu icon only lights up the n and u, the bottom half of the back arrow is dim, and the search icon looks like it is 2 pieces.  Is this a common problem on this phone.   Thanks for the replies.

i can't vouch for others, but my 7 month old tbolt has worked just fine since the day i bought it. 

as far as the light goes, i'm guessing that yours may actually be working just fine. there are only 2 lights behind the four icons. if you wake up your phone and immediately tilt the top towards you and look down at it at an angle, you can sort of see the 2 actual lights below the bottom of the actual screen. one is halfway between the home and menu icons and the other is between the arrow and search icons. they don't each have their own backlight so it makse sense to me that the entire icons are not evenly lit up. however, i can see all 4 of mine just fine when i'm in the dark or low lighting. now that you have me looking at it closely, mine are lit exactly as you describe it (the n in menu is much brighter than the m and e). i've never even noticed that before.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I agree with AZSALUKI when I look at mine it is lit but as you explained only the n and u in menu are bright. I think it was working correctly just did not seem like it.
0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

Hi samelslne,

That's how my phone looks as well, half the house and the 'me' are dim.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I am actually holding a Thunderbolt in my hands right now. 

I would have to agree with all of you, it appears as though the phone is designed this way and it in fact is not defective.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
My Tbolt is similarly lit up. After having the DROID Eris and the HTC Aria, this LED arrangement on the Thunderbolt was disappointing at first. Now I barely notice.

The light glow spilling out of from the bottom of the touchscreen while using the phone in the dark is more glaring and distracting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes