Home, menu, back, search buttons don't work after update; tried factory reset without resolution
micrper

Hi, I just installed the new update yesterday and lost my nav buttons at the bottom of the screen.  I try to select them and nothing happens or worse, it selects the phone and starts dialing the last called number.  I did a factory reset including wiping my SD card which seemed to work last night but today, I am back to no nav buttons.  I have tried the factory reset several times but I don't know what is wrong.  Phone was working fine prior to this update.  Lots of time wasted trying to fix this thing.  Help.

0 Likes
Re: Home, menu, back, search buttons don't work after update; tried factory reset without resolution
Wildman
Legend

Thats been a common issue after update and a hard reset usually resolved, when you hard reset did you do the option through the OS or from the power off state because the one from the OS has option to restore settings after format and this has a habit to restore the setting that caused the issue the user hard reset the device for...

Try this option...

1. Press and hold down the Power Key (upper-right corner).
  2. Select Power Off.
  3. Press and hold the volume down key then press the Power / End key.
    NoteWhen the HBOOT screen appears, release the keys.
  4. Press the volume down key to select Factory Reset then press the Power / End key.
    NoteThis boot process takes several moments, reference the progress bar located in the upper-right. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / replace the battery, refer to Inserting / removing the battery for additional assistance.
  5. Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

0 Likes
Re: Home, menu, back, search buttons don't work after update; tried factory reset without resolution
micrper

Hi, thanks for posting another option.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I even took out the battery and storage card and restarted and still my nav buttons don't work.  I am guessing I need to take it into the Verizon store??

0 Likes