Home screeen is blank
kaylynn1003

Ok, I'm not sure if I can explain this very well.  But somehow I deleted my home screen icons, whenever I unlock my phone or go straight to my home screen, it is just my display picture and no icons....if I scroll over a couple of screens, the one with icons is there.  How can I make that my home screen?  I've tried going to the "personalize" menu and going to "scene" and changing it, but all of my options there are just the display picture as well and no icons.  I've tried pressing the "home" botton while on the home screen to edit it, but the blank screen is highlighted in orange and it wont let me switch that to the screen I want to be my home screen.  I hope this makes sense....does anyone know how to change this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home screeen is blank
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon kaylynn1003.

Wow! This sounds complicated, but I'm sure we can get your icons back onto your home screen!  What you can do is go to the screen that has all the icons you want.  You will have to move the icons one by one to the home screen.  Press and hold the icon, then slide it all the way to the right or left until your screen changes to the home screen.  (May take a few screens so continue to hold down the icon to the far left or right until you get to the home screen.  If you do not want an icon, you can drag it to the bottom right of the screen to the Remove bin.  This way, you can have all the icons you want, and where you want them. 

Another option is to go to Settings > Personalize > Display, and then you can change the Scene, Skin, or Wallpaper to what you possibly previously had it set to, which may automatically change the icons back to how you had them. 

If you still need assistance, please send me a Direct Message and I will be happy to personally follow up with you.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport    

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Wow! This sounds complicated, but I'm sure we can get your icons back onto your home screen!  What you can do is go to the screen that has all the icons you want.  You will have to move the icons one by one to the home screen.  Press and hold the icon, then slide it all the way to the right or left until your screen changes to the home screen.  (May take a few screens so continue to hold down the icon to the far left or right until you get to the home screen.  If you do not want an icon, you can drag it to the bottom right of the screen to the Remove bin.  This way, you can have all the icons you want, and where you want them. 

Another option is to go to Settings > Personalize > Display, and then you can change the Scene, Skin, or Wallpaper to what you possibly previously had it set to, which may automatically change the icons back to how you had them. 

If you still need assistance, please send me a Direct Message and I will be happy to personally follow up with you.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
kaylynn1003

Oh my gosh...it worked! Thank you so much!!

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:00:58 -0700

To: kaylynnstacy@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Home screeen is blank

Re: Home screeen is blank created by vanessas_vzw in HTC Rhyme - View the full discussion

Wow! This sounds complicated, but I'm sure we can get your icons back onto your home screen! What you can do is go to the screen that has all the icons you want. You will have to move the icons one by one to the home screen. Press and hold the icon, then slide it all the way to the right or left until your screen changes to the home screen. (May take a few screens so continue to hold down the icon to the far left or right until you get to the home screen. If you do not want an icon, you can drag it to the bottom right of the screen to the Remove bin. This way, you can have all the icons you want, and where you want them.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in HTC Rhyme by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes