Hotspot not working
evetskirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

The hotspot feature on my rezound keeps losing connection. I have tried everything I can think of. If anyone has had this problem and found a fix, or even an explanation, for this please help. CS is useless.

0 Likes
Re: Hotspot not working
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I probably can't be much help because there can be so many reasons for it and sometimes it's just the phone. I had the same problem with my Thunderbolt, but it's time limit was more like 5 minutes, which is why I now have the Rezound and my connection is great.

Can you give us some more info as to what you have tried and eliminated? (Battery pulls, factory resets, new SIM card, replacement phone, etc.). I know you mentioned CS, so you've probably tried one or more of those, but just trying to see if there's something you haven't tried. I don't know where you are, but are you in a 4G area or just 3G?  Are you having the same problem in different areas, or just in one spot? Have you tried comparing your phone to others to see if they're also having problems when you are? Have you checked your signal strength?

More info will help and hopefully someone else will have more suggestions. I know how frustrating it is.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I've heard this from others as well.  How does your data connection do normally?  Could it be that you have a setting interfering here?  Some  things I would try first are, if you have your power mode set to economy, make sure background data is turned on, under Wireless & Networks>Network Settings, check always on mobile data, and under your WiFi settings, press menu>advanced and change the WiFi sleep policy.  I would do these one at a time and see what (if any) work.  Please post back to let everyone know your results.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Evetskirk,

Thanks to the community for responding. I can understand how troubling it can be when your hot spot feature doesn't work. If you could answer the questions asked above, it will give me more insight to resolve your situation. Additionally, I would like to know if you have updated the software on the device? If not, here are the steps to do so:

From the main screen, touch Menu
Touch Settings
Touch Software Updates

If you have not done the update it should address the hotspot issue that you are having.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
evetskirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Samuel, Thanks for your reply. Wow, at least someone at verizon follows up. I have done all that you have suggested and have investigated this thoroughly. I have tried everything conceivable, even a new phone. My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with the phones, as it is a problem with a number of different phones by all manufacturers. It has something to do with verizon and the lte network and the way it handles cdma and gms handoffs? It is sporatic, as it also has to do with how busy a paticular tower is and the amount of power that tower has. I think? haha I will try and attach an article that I ran across that can explain it much better. Try looking it up on this www.phonenews.com/mobile-hotspot-verizon-4g-lte-dropout-disconnect-19574/. I just don't like the Idea that I am paying good money and not receiving the service that I  am paying for. I would hope the least verizon can do is to not  charge me for something until they resolve the problem and I am able to receive what I pay for.

Thanks for your time,

Steve Kirk

0 Likes