How do I fix an intermittent Bluetooth connection?
slapfish01

After receiving the new update to 5.0.2 my Bluetooth will turn off and then immediately back on again every 40 seconds or so...how do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth issues after 5.0.2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the info slapfish01. May I ask was a factory reset done after the update installed successfully? If not then I would recommend backing up your info first. Once done, please perform a factory reset and test the bluetooth technology before re-downloading any apps or personal info. Here's a link on how to perform the reset. http://spr.ly/6589hHmb

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
slapfish01,

We want you up & running with your Bluetooth! What model Bluetooth do you have? Do you notice it connecting/disconnecting when paired with a different device?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
slapfish01

Phone: HTC One (M7), Bluetooth 4.0, Android 5.0.2.  It doesn't matter what the phone is paired with (Samsung sound bar speaker, my car, Amazon Echo etc.)...the Bluetooth will disconnect and immediately reconnect every 40 seconds.  This started right after I got the Android 5.0.2 update

0 Likes
PCBRIAN2872

I am having the same problem described above.  My phone is also having trouble with the aux plug into some of these devices.

0 Likes
htmsr24

Same problem here. Same HTC phone. Just updated 2 days ago and it's been a problem since. Just got off the phone with Verizon and they said it was a compatibility problem with my car (new car), but then relented and said there is problems with the software and a lot of complaints. My phone was fine with the older version. Keeps switching my entertainment system in my car and activating my bluetooth media. This is no good. Verizon needs to fix now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the info slapfish01. May I ask was a factory reset done after the update installed successfully? If not then I would recommend backing up your info first. Once done, please perform a factory reset and test the bluetooth technology before re-downloading any apps or personal info. Here's a link on how to perform the reset. http://spr.ly/6589hHmb

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
CrowleyVZ

I'have had the same issue as well. I haven't done a factory reset and really don't want to resort to that. Has anyone done that and did it fix your bluetooth issue?

0 Likes