How do I get Rhyme to update if it missed an update last year?
rumorgoddess

Just realized today that my phone has never updated its software. It says it failed to upload one in July of 2012. I'm thinking maybe it wont upload new version because the one before that never loaded?

I think this is causing lots of problems on my phone, including my inability to download new apps, a continued error message of insuffiecent storage, despite deleting SOOO much data and apps off my phone AND my google market will not switch over to google PLAY despite my andriod version being above that 2.2 Froyo thing.

I am completely not a tech person, have no clue what "rooted" phones are and have spent the last three hours online trying to troubleshoot this myself.

I even tried calling that *228 and choosing option 2 thing that I saw in another post, but nothing.

I've done it on Wifi and 3G, plugged in and charged up, even tried those little "fixes" to get Google Market to switch over, but nothing.

I do NOT want to do a hard reset, if for no other reason than i dont want to loose my levels on Angry Birds and my high score on Freecell Smiley Happy  Also, I think it would be a pain to reset everything in my phone and redownload everything Ive already got.

Here's the info off my About Phone page, if this can get someone jump started to fixing this.

Android Version 2.3.4

Software number 1.26.605.11

This is really bumming me out. Anybody have the answer?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get Rhyme to update if it missed an update last year?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Rumorgoddess

I want you to have the latest and greatest software on your device. The low memory may be the cause of this issue. What's the internal memory on the device? To check: From the Home screen, select applications (located in the lower-left corner of the display).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the All apps tab, select Settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select SD & phone storage.

The total and available spaces for SD card, internal memory and internal phone storage are displayed.

Please delete all old messages and pictures. There has been new software released for this device. Please try these steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/rhyme.html

Please let me know if these issues persist.
Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rumorgoddess

My total space on SD card is 7.39 GB, available is 6.30 GB

For internal storage I have 44.05 MB available

I havent deleted all my pics or texts yet, but I HAVE deleted quite a few apps and all my music off of the phone to make more space.I even went and cleared the cache of a few bigger apps like instagram.

Also, there's probably a LOT of software new for my device, since it's NEVER updated. Argh! lol

Side note, as of yesterday I am also NOT receiving text messages. Cant wait till July when I get to renew my contract and get a new phone.

Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rumorgoddess, to further assist you please follow me MatthewS_VZW and then DM me with your contact information so I can speak with you directly, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes