How do I get my music onto my Thunderbolt? I have plugged it into the computer. I have tried all of the different settings, USB drive, internet connection etc. I can get my computer to recognize a drive there when it is plugged in. But I cannot access the drive. When I clickon it it tells me to insert a drive.
I have installed Vcast manger to my computer.
When I plug the phone into my computer it usually says that there is software available to make it easier to connect. I have tried to install this too, but it has never installed successfullly. Stops installing before it is done.
I am using win XP. I also tried hooking it up to a Linux box. It did not see the phne at all.
I like the phone. But should'nt it be- plug in, computer recognizes it as a drive and I drag music onto it? If not, why not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you will most likely need drivers from htc
win xp, while a great os, is old, and the tb is new
ditto with the linux, it would need drivers
the only one that may see it without drivers would be win7
but proper drivers always help
oh nd vcast is junk, delete it
* When you plugged it in to the USB port, you saw the USB icon in the top notification bar, pulled it down?
* On pulling it down you either select "Connect to PC" or "Charge only", either one which brings up "Choose a connection type".
* Choose "Disk Drive" Mount as disk drive, hit "Done".
* This should trigger driver installation and then you get a "Removable Disk" in Windows explorer.
* Drag your music folders from the PC into the "Removable Disk ($\Music folder.
Vcast Manager isn't necessary.