Re: How to Fix 4G Outage on HTC Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Still stuck on EDVO Rev A here. There is no 4G LTE around here for hundreds of miles. I also haven't rebooted since this morning's post about switching it back to eHPRD. Will try a reboot after lunch while I am downtown. If I knew how hard it would be to switch back to eHPRD, I would have survived on 1x and wifi. Live and learn.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I don't think it's really related to changing the setting.  Some are reporting that they're stuck on Rev A and didn't change anything.  I'm wondering if they just changed the default network in the switch just to get people back up and running.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You might be right PJ. This article mentions that eHPRD is still out for the count.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/04/28/verizon-4g-lte-has-been-restored-nationally/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jvars

I should have looked here before posting in the other thread...  I am stuck on rev.A and did not do the manual fix yesterday.  Was at 1x all day yesterday.  This morning 3g is back but on rev A now.  I am not in a 4g area.  

0 Likes
sandyinmiami
I've had 3G all day - but I'm not in a 4G area while at work. I'm confused though. What is the network supposed to be? My phone says CDMA - EvDo rev. A.
0 Likes
coolhd31
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK if any of you out there have done this change to your phone to get 3 G service while 4 G service was down just reverse the steps and then pull the battery out for 15 -20 seconds to do a soft reset and re-install battery and turn phone on you should have 4 g service again I did it and it works.

0 Likes