How to upgrade current phone to another one I already have?
b_branch82f

Ok so i have a droid 1. I've had it for probably two years now and I just got a Sony Ericsson Xperia. I want to know is there anyway to change my service to the second one without going to the store, for lack of ride to a nearby Verizon store.

0 Likes
Re: How to upgrade current phone to another one I already have?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can activate it through your MyVerizon account.  You have to request a SIM card if the Xperia is a 4G phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
b_branch82f

So. exactly how do you do that? Like I'm under my moms plan and she said if i figure out how to do it i can switch phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think your mom (account owner) is the only one with the permissions to activate a phone through the online account.  You would need a separate online account for your line to view your usage details.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
b_branch82f

So last question. when you reset an Android phone back to factory setting and it tells you to activate it and you have to call and enter the last four digits of your ssn. what is that for?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That must be the billing password associated with the account.  I have never had that happen me personally.

0 Likes