I can send texts but no one receives them!
lynnmariep86

HELP!  I just got a thunderbolt today and have sent several text messages.  But no one has received any of them.  I can receive texts and phone calls with no problems.  What am I doing wrong????

The first dozen or so I sent said "message sent successfully".  The last two said the same thing, but there is a red ! to the right of the text. 

0 Likes
Re: I can send texts but no one receives them!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The red exclamation point is telling you that there was an error in sending the message. Can you select the message and see what the informational message is?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrfellers

Are the people you are texting on another network? (e.g. AT&T, Sprint, etc).

I ask because the day I got my TB (launch day), I had a problem that Verizon support had to fix.  Basically, my texts to people off VZ network were "poofing" and never arriving.  My texts to other VZ customers was... odd... they usually arrived (but not always), but sometimes had a 16-digit code as the "From" number.  Turns out, something on the network was causing my texts to self-identify as being from my SIM card number instead of my phone number.... the other networks were tossing it out as garbage.

A few minutes on the phone with verizon support and they got the issue resolved for me.

Hope this helps.

Michael

0 Likes
wgragg1

I had the same problem and rebooted my phone and it started working again.

0 Likes