Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
I can't hear the other person while on a phone call. How do I stop this?
jdub999

Phone calls no longer working, when I dial, I can't hear what other person is saying, and they can't hear me

Is there a fix for this or is my phone broken?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Phone calls no longer working, when I dial, I can't hear what other person is saying, and they can't hear me
TheNatural
Contributor

Your phone is more than likely not defective. Usually if its both your microphone and earpiece speaker it could be faulty software, a 3rd party application or minor glitch. Have you tried doing a soft reset or restarting your phone?

Did you download any new apps or drop/damage your phone in any way?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone calls no longer working, when I dial, I can't hear what other person is saying, and they can't hear me
TheNatural
Contributor

Your phone is more than likely not defective. Usually if its both your microphone and earpiece speaker it could be faulty software, a 3rd party application or minor glitch. Have you tried doing a soft reset or restarting your phone?

Did you download any new apps or drop/damage your phone in any way?

0 Likes
jdub999

hi, I did a soft reset and it fixed the problem Smiley Happy

Thank you!

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor

Yay!!!!! I'm glad......

I would recommend doing a soft reset on your phone once a week, it helps clear up a lot of issues and prevents future problems. Just like with a laptop pc, we've got to give these devices a break and restart or shut them down every now and then.

0 Likes