I did the factory reset, now my phone is REALLY jacked!
heymikey333

After the IceCream Sammich whatever update, my phone was possessed.  Camera came on at will, in my pocket mostly.  Calls would get stuck behind some non screen preventing me from answering, etc etc.  Superdude at VZWireless store said I had to do the factory reset, so I did.  Now, every time I try to go to Google play, it says no connection if I'm not on wi-fi.  WTH?!  My 4g showed up for like the 1st 5 minutes, now mobile network keeps saying turning on.  I can call out, but that's about all i can do.  Sync says "sync is having issues and should be back soon"!!  Really, this is the IMPROVED version? 

0 Likes
Re: I did the factory reset, now my phone is REALLY jacked!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sometimes, when the mobile data hangs up like that, a simple reboot will solve it. If that doesn't help, you may need a new SIM card.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Couple things to try,

Take off back cover, try cleaning the metal contacts in the cover. Those are your antenna for WIFI, Mobile Net and bluetooth.

Do you have screen protector? If you do, MAKE sure it is positioned right. If it is too close to proximity sensor it will sometimes cause the screen not to come on. I had that problem with my Rezound.

I have found, just my two cents, I think touch screen phones just don't like being in pockets. They do some crazy stuff.

Rest of your issues, Like Demmo said, might be your SIM card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

heymikey333, sounds like we need to get your phone back in working condition!  Have you tried what the other community members have suggested?  Like demmon86rt mentioned, usually a simple reboot/soft reset corrects this.  http://goo.gl/f8HRt  I would also remove & reinsert the SIM card.  http://goo.gl/Fvo3Z  If you’re still experiencing the problems after completing these steps let me know.  We may need to replace the SIM card.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes