ICS Bugs
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Here's some of the things I noticed with the new update.  Cannot use MHS with hidden SSID, emergency alerts didn't show up initially but today the menu suddenly appears (blank with no settings), text messages don't delete, boots twice at startup, some widgets stop working, and menus are sometimes slow.  For the most part the phone is working pretty good.  The sudden appearance of the extra menu in text settings surprised me but hey whatever.  I never have to worry about annoying alerts cause there is nothing in that menu.  Anyone else have suddenly appearing or disappearing menus?  I really hate that they got rid of quick lookup.  I loved that.  But I really like the htc watch.  Overall good experience really and still loving my Thunderbolt.

0 Likes
Re: ICS Bugs
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not positive, but I think I remember seeing the "Emergency Alerts" in the text message application settings prior to the ICS update. I do know the Emergency Alerts are available in one part of my area because a co-worker received the weather alerts before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

lemew
Contributor - Level 3

You're right! I looked for it as soon as the update was complete but it wasn't there. My widget for Currents also comes and goes so maybe this is normal. Overall great update though! Glad it finally came through. Still finding new things. Thanks to someone's post I found out about the screenshot! 🙂

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

looked under the message app, its there under settings, but no options when opened

0 Likes