Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

I received the Gingerbread update before it was pulled and since getting the patch I've noticed an improved battery life.  Has anyone else noticed better battery life since the latest update?

0 Likes
Re: Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
krauser1
I definitely have better battery life. I shut off 4g when not in range and I can, for the most part, get a full day on a full charge. 4G is better too, although still a battery drainer because of the radio. Overall, I am happy with the update.
0 Likes
Re: Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
Wildman
Legend

Battery life is better but I hope that there is some plan to figure out a method to minimize the battery usage when on 4G because once 4G becomes a standard users wont want to turn off the radio...

I have research if it was possible to write a app that detects curtian apps and trigger LTE radio on and then trigger it off when all apps has been closed...  Maybe work on a Blacklist and Whitelist concept but due to the method that TB needs to trigger LTE on and off its doesnt seem to be possible..

:smileysurprised: Maybe they come up with a ideal like this and intergrate the option into upcoming devices...  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes