Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
MikeSobe
Contributor

I received the Gingerbread update before it was pulled and since getting the patch I've noticed an improved battery life.  Has anyone else noticed better battery life since the latest update?

0 Likes
Re: Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
krauser1
I definitely have better battery life. I shut off 4g when not in range and I can, for the most part, get a full day on a full charge. 4G is better too, although still a battery drainer because of the radio. Overall, I am happy with the update.
0 Likes
Re: Improved Battery on 2.11.605.5
Wildman
Legend

Battery life is better but I hope that there is some plan to figure out a method to minimize the battery usage when on 4G because once 4G becomes a standard users wont want to turn off the radio...

I have research if it was possible to write a app that detects curtian apps and trigger LTE radio on and then trigger it off when all apps has been closed...  Maybe work on a Blacklist and Whitelist concept but due to the method that TB needs to trigger LTE on and off its doesnt seem to be possible..

:smileysurprised: Maybe they come up with a ideal like this and intergrate the option into upcoming devices...  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes