Interesting way to put the status on the update....
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

The HTC thunderbolt is my third android and will probably be my last HTC. At first I found the device to be cool and fast then reality set in. Just looking at all the topics in the forum will prove that not many T-Bolt owner are that satisfied but since I understand that new technology can have its issues I've been patently waiting for some updates. We all saw some light at the end of the tunnel when VZW said we would start to see updates on 5/5/11 but I have yet to read about anyone getting the update. So today I contacted HTC ( again ) and got this lovely email. 

HTC

"Thank you for your reply. The update you are referring to has been temporarily scrapped, due to some issues with it. Since you have already performed a factory reset on your Thunderbolt, there is probably a hardware issue going on that our warranty and repair department should address. For further assistance, please contact 1-800-229-1235 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. EST"

I think it's especially interesting that the agent used the word scrapped to describe what has happened to an update that we all hoped was going to bring us some sanity. Although scrapped is the word I'll use to describe what I did to this device when I sell and replace it, my Craigslist add for this Thunderbolt will be less of what I think of it and more of the **bleep** that Verizon used to sell us on it. 

0 Likes
Re: Interesting way to put the status on the update....
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Not true so many are getting it each day. HTC said it might be out that it identifiable there update. Don't get discouraged. I just replaced mine and it works better w/ or without update.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
Not true so many are getting it each day. HTC said it might be out that it identifiable there update. Don't get discouraged. I just replaced mine and it works better w/ or without update.

If it's not true then why did HTC email me exactly what I quoted? Why when I was on the phone with VZW tech support saturday did  the tech also say the update is not being rooled out?  If many are getting it lets see a screen shot.... Why did you just replace yours? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I haven't seen the update yet. Now that I have successfully used android sdk to create screenshots, I will definitely be posted mine whenever the update is applied.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:
I haven't seen the update yet. Now that I have successfully used android sdk to create screenshots, I will definitely be posted mine whenever the update is applied.

I can't wait to see the post

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Because Verizon is the one that has the status updates for the updates. HTC said on the 5th there the last to know. I just called VZW and HTC.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It's called passing the buck for both companies. Check Android central if u want too.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
It's called passing the buck for both companies. Check Android central if u want too.

Just checked and I don't see any new info. If you have a link please post it. I'd love to read what you're reading. 

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1
Update is live go and get it
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Yeah got it the update. Happy downloading. U need 40% or more battery.
0 Likes