Is Samsung rushing thunderbolt ?
voltrek

Hi All.I have had my LG voger for over 3 years and have not had any trouble with it.From surfing the internet to text to voice to blue tooth hands free device, it has all gone smooth.Now i have wanted to upgrade to a smart phone for over a year but i hear all the problems people are having with smart phones and i kinda cringe at the idea of letting my voyger go that has serve me so well.Now with the new 4g phones coming out, will it be the same as the buggy 3g phones?because i have my eye on the thunderbolt but i am not willing to take a blind leap of faith.If anyone has a good 3g phone over a year with out problems please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Is Samsung rushing thunderbolt ?
AZSALUKI
Legend

htc droid incredible. had it since last may (i know...not quite a year). not. one. problem. (battery life is poor, but every droid will have that issue). there have been some quirks with it here and there, but nothing i would call a problem. i've never had to reset it or do anything. it's been more reliable than my home or work pc. that said, they are like small computers so if you deal with computers then you know there's always a chance of some screwy little problems. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Thunderbolt is by HTC.

It's not available anymore, but I have had an Android (Droid branded) phone for over a year. I still find ways to customize it to make it seem new again. I really do like using it.

I have had to do a factory reset twice. Once after it was updated from android 1.5 to Android 2.2 in May. The reason was the keyboard just would not register what I was typing on the screen. Felt it was a good learning experience. The second reset was after Thanksgiving. Had a thread in my text messages cause one of the apps that stores the messages on the phone go from when I noticed it at 5 mb to 22 mb in four days. No new messages were added to the thread during those days. It was just me opening that thread to view a message that arrived just before Thanksgiving. After a little google search, decided "what the heck" I'll do another reset since seemed to be only way to clear the storage. With a little preparation and backing up everything, the factory reset was essentially painless. It took longer to do the first reset and get my phone back to main way I like it.

Hope this helps in your decision.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've had my original Motorola Droid for just over 9 months & I am still very happy with it. I'm not do for an upgrade for a while but when the time comes I would definantly consider another Motorola Smartphone.

As for the 3G, I don't have a problem with it. I usually have great coverage at home & the places I travel to. Verizons coverage is the main reason we did not switch to AT&T last year. My husband works out in the middle of nowhere & coverage has never been an issue.

I personally wouldn't go out & by a phone the day its released. Give the phone some time & do your homework. Read reviews on SEVERAL websites & ask family/friends about the smartphone they're using. Go to your local store & play with the phones. Have an idea of what you will use your smartphone for & what features are important to you. And remember...you have 30 days to exchange the phone if for any reason you are unhappy. Between the cost of the phone, data plans & insurance if you choose to take it, you will dish out a lot of money (well, its a lot of money to me) to have a smartphone. You should be 110% happy with it.

Hope this helps a little. And I hope you enjoy your device (if you get one) as much as I enjoy mine! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
voltrek

Thank you all for the great advise. i will be patient and will continue to monitor these boards until i am sure about my upgrade.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

shersher wrote:
I've had my original Motorola Droid for just over 9 months & I am still very happy with it. I'm not do for an upgrade for a while but when the time comes I would definantly consider another Motorola Smartphone.

As for the 3G, I don't have a problem with it. I usually have great coverage at home & the places I travel to. Verizons coverage is the main reason we did not switch to AT&T last year. My husband works out in the middle of nowhere & coverage has never been an issue.

I personally wouldn't go out & by a phone the day its released. Give the phone some time & do your homework. Read reviews on SEVERAL websites & ask family/friends about the smartphone they're using. Go to your local store & play with the phones. Have an idea of what you will use your smartphone for & what features are important to you. And remember...you have 30 days to exchange the phone if for any reason you are unhappy. Between the cost of the phone, data plans & insurance if you choose to take it, you will dish out a lot of money (well, its a lot of money to me) to have a smartphone. You should be 110% happy with it.

Hope this helps a little. And I hope you enjoy your device (if you get one) as much as I enjoy mine! :smileyhappy:

The return policy has been changed to 14 days as of Jan 16, 2011 for all devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2
Oh wow! Thanks for catching that! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes