Is anyone else's push mail option not working after ICS 4.0 upgrade on HTC Rezound?
bowk276

After the ICS 4.0 upgrade on my HTC Rezound, the mail notifications still is not working like the messages icon for SMS or MMS, the mail notifications stopped working since the first OS upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else's push mail option not working after ICS 4.0 upgrade on HTC Rezound?
Rick-In-NC

Mine has been broken since the OTA update prior to the ICS upgrade. Email worked fine before that. That first update was supposed to fix email checking, something to do with the task manager. Ever since then I have had to manually refresh after opening the mail app.

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else's push mail option not working after ICS 4.0 upgrade on HTC Rezound?
sundog1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. I am having the same problem. Gmail and Mail apps are not pushing mail properly. Only get mail with manual refresh.

0 Likes
ffper5112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same issue.  Gmail, Mail and Corporate Exchange are all acting the same way.  Need to do a manual refresh, or have it refresh when I open mail.  It is a real pain.  Have searched the web for some info, but have not come across any fixes.  Just sent an email to HTC on this as well.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I am not having that issue but I did do a factory reset and wipped my phone after the upgrade....So maybe that has something to do with it...

0 Likes
sundog1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to resolve this problem on my phone by going to:

Settings > Accounts & sync, and turning *on* Auto Sync. Why it was off, I don't know. Maybe a default setting after the upgrade to ICS?

Anyway, I hope this resolves the problem for others. Cheers!

0 Likes
ffper5112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. After looking at the screen a bit more, I noticed the switch blending into the top line, which I hadn't seen previously.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

LorenR

Mine is set to Auto, but my Email still won't update. The only way I can get it to update is to change the Interval settings.  Whether I set it for 5 minutes or 3 hours doesn't matter, just as long as I reset the interval to "something else" it will update sometime in the next hour or so.  After that, it goes back to not working again. 

0 Likes
Rick-In-NC

Same here. Gmail pushes, but the phone will not retrieve my .live account regardless of settings. I know when having more than one account the settings are shared for all. If I delete the .live account and re-add it then it's good for a day or so. Really an annoying bug. Personally I think it's the fault of something on VZW side or my phones task scheduling is getting confused.

0 Likes
LorenR

Here I am now, 24 hours later and neither of my AOL Email accounts have updated.  It's now been 7 days, and I can't even force them to update by demanding a Sync All from the settings screen.  Mail to my Gmail account comes in 1-3 days late, but does come in without having to take any action on my part.  I've tried everthing listed here, anyone have any other suggestions??  Come Monday, if it hasn't resolved, I'm off to the Verizon store to get tech support to try and fix this....

0 Likes