Is there really a nation wide 3G and 4G outage today?????
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Since this morning at about 1:00am I've noticed my T-bolt is only getting 1X now it's 8:00am and after a restart still 1X. CSR says theres a mation wide outage with no eta on when it will be fixed. Anyone else having the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Is there really a nation wide 3G and 4G outage today?????
mstump
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If only there were another thread on this very same issue....hmmm....

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

PJNC284 wrote:

If only there were another thread on this very same issue....hmmm....

Hey thanks for the info since you mentioned it I looked and found a far less discriptive subject that I figured was just another no 4g on my T-bolt rant but found it was actually the same complanit. Thanks again...

0 Likes
TopherK

I've been having the same issue since last night about 11pm. My phone is having some problems sending texts too. Annoying, considering how much this thing cost me. Not sure about the 3g outage too. My dad has a Droid X and I just looked to see that he's getting 3g. Not sure what's going on.

0 Likes
lite60

would it be nice if verizon sent a text or email to those that have other methods of obtaining internet service and at least warn the PAYING CUSTOMER(S) of the lost access time.... just a thought.... we pay a lot of gubbermint taxes for this service

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

CSR just I talked to 30 min ago said both are out and from the looks of it on http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Is-4G-service-out/td-p/512172 the CSR wasn't feeding me **bleep**. So I guess we just have to wait....

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

TopherK wrote:

Not sure about the 3g outage too. My dad has a Droid X and I just looked to see that he's getting 3g. Not sure what's going on.

The Thunderbolt doesn't use the same 3G as the Droid X by default.  It uses a specialized implimentation called eHRPD which allows simultaneous voice and data and an easy transition route to LTE.  This is why most people (including myself) are reporting success in getting 3G back by enabling Rev-A using ##778.  Seems to be affecting both in some areas though.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

GreenRobot wrote:

CSR just I talked to 30 min ago said both are out and from the looks of it on http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Is-4G-service-out/td-p/512172 the CSR wasn't feeding me **bleep**. So I guess we just have to wait....

Really this forum automatically  put **bleep** over the the letters B and S being next to each other. Only if VZW sent out notices about service outages as well as they censored their forum. 

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its really only a problem with the 4g phones.  All my freinds that have the 3g phones, everything is working fine.

0 Likes