Issues since ICS update...
jmyers06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello - ever since I updated to ICS on my HTC Rezound I have noticed two issues. The first is that no matter how many times I check the "set as default" box to use Google Navigation and not Verizon Navigator I continue to be asked to choose which app I would like to use. I have cleared the cache and default settings for Navigator, but I am still asked. How do I force my selection to Google?

The second issue is that I am asked multiple times per day to authorize HTC Sense for Facebook. I follow the steps and authorize the sync, but the next time I launch the Facebook app I am asked to login and then authorize HTC Sense. I have logged into Facebook from my desktop and confirmed I am enabling app access and HTC Sense is listed as being authorized. I have cleared that and gone through the authorization and sync process with no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or are these known issues?

thanks

0 Likes
Issues since ICS update...
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

For the navigation issue, go to menu>settings>app associations and see if there is a navigation option.  For Facebook, clear data and cache and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Issues since ICS update...
Lorenbb

The navigation issue has been a recurring and annoying issue for me since the ICS update, too. 

This morning I mistapped on VZW Navigation by mistake and could not get the navigation back to give me the option of Google Navigation.  Being stuck with only VZW Navigation, I stopped by a Verizon Store I was passing by (after multiple reboots and checking app associations), and after about an hour, the only solution they had to suggest is a factory wipe. Grr.  It's a hassle, but at least it will get me back to having a usable navigation system (even if I have to choose it every time).

I have the Facebook for sense problem, too, it might go away after a wipe.  Probably it won't.

They took this long to issue the ICS update and it still has these problems?  Did they test it?

0 Likes
Re: Issues since ICS update...
jmyers06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update - I was able to resolve the Facebook issue by resetting the options in my Facebook account (app section) and clearing all the info in the Facebook app on my phone.

The Navigation issue is still occurring. There is no "Navigation" app listed in the phone only Maps and Verizon Navigation. FYI - if you select the Verizon Navigator by mistake you do not need to reset the phone. Go into settings, Apps and choose VZ Navigator, scroll down and clear defaults. This will prompt you to choose a navigation app again... over and over and over and over...

I am going to try clearing the defaults for Google Maps as I believe Google Navigation is part of Maps. I'll update with my results.

0 Likes