Issues when turning on/rebooting TB
JiveTurkey

Couple of things:  

1)  How can I disable that "OBNOXIOUS" thunder sound during the splashscreen?  It's so loud & I can't turn it down. 

2)  It seems to "freeze" on a still image of the cloud after the obnoxious noise, then it takes over a minute before I see the lockscreen, then another 30 seconds to have icons load/connect to 3G or WiFi..

Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Issues when turning on/rebooting TB
cmsjarhead
If you find an answer please share. I've noticed bootup will discharge the battery by a significant amount.
0 Likes
hammerdad

I keep my T-bolt ringer on vibrate and it doesn't make any noise or sound at bootup.  Not a great solution, I know.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
On number 2, I have noticed this as well. However I am might be used to this delay because my Eris has a similar delay due to the "tweaking" I have done to it. However it doesn't seem to bother me since I can go weeks without turning off the phone.

For comparison, I also have an HTC Aria at the moment. The boot animation is just as loud and probably just as long. Hmmm. I should time all three phones and see how long they take to boot up.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kennedmh
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you're

{edit for TOS violation}

, you can delete the boot sound MP3.  If not, the only thing I've seen is to mute your phone before rebooting, the volume state appears to be sticky across boot cycles.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

kennedmh wrote:

If you're

{edit for TOS violation}

, you can delete the boot sound MP3.  If not, the only thing I've seen is to mute your phone before rebooting, the volume state appears to be sticky across boot cycles.

I dont know what was edited off your post but maybe you could re-word it so we can read it again. I really badly want to get rid of this sound as well or even change it. I tried digging through my files and could not find the boot sound mp3. Could you post a few steps on were to find this file? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You are going to have to look for that information on either androidcentral.com or xda developers. Removing the boot animation requires access that essentially voids your warranty. Discussion of the method on this forum is a violation of the Terms of Service for this website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kennedmh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I can't tell you because of the terms of service of this forum, jsut search xda-developers.com's forums.  You'll find it in no time.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Mine stops in the clouds too.. I just lower the sound. Also I'm seeing a real decrease when it turns on again but VZW tells me its normal.
0 Likes
wgragg1

cmsjarhead wrote:
If you find an answer please share. I've noticed bootup will discharge the battery by a significant amount.

I noticed that last night, but it is hard to believe that it drains the battery from 48% to 24% on an extended battery.  I rebooted last night and that is exactly what happened to me.  Something is wrong somewhere for it to do that.

0 Likes