Just got upgrade and missing clock widget
LitMarsh

I got the upgrade a couple of days ago, but have lost my clock widget.  I can no longer set (or cancel) alarms and this poses a problem for me.  I have an alarm set that needs to be turned off, but I can't do it....has anyone else had this happen and what is the solution???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just got upgrade and missing clock widget
budone
Legend

On the screen you want to put the clock,

Click on the ADD APP button

Click on Widget

Click on HTC Clock

Scroll to the third clock and Select

Answer the next few questions about weather and it will be back

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

On the screen you want to put the clock,

Click on the ADD APP button

Click on Widget

Click on HTC Clock

Scroll to the third clock and Select

Answer the next few questions about weather and it will be back

0 Likes
HOG

LitMarsh wrote:

I got the upgrade a couple of days ago, but have lost my clock widget.  I can no longer set (or cancel) alarms and this poses a problem for me.  I have an alarm set that needs to be turned off, but I can't do it....has anyone else had this happen and what is the solution???

I had exactly the same thing happen to my Thunderbolt last night.  If someone can please help, I would appreciate it.,  It is not the widget that is missing, it is the Clock app. 

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

There is no more Clock app.  You have to use the Clock widget to add or change alarm settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The shortcut to the Clock application is missing. Interesting...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rpspicer3

Well, I still have the Clock widget, but no shortcut by which to access..except

I do have Advanced Task Manager, and Clock is listed within the list of apps/widgets.  So, by long-pressing Clock, then selecting "Switch To", I can manage my alarms.

Not the most elegant means, but at least the widget is stil accessible.

Hopefully this helps someone..would really  like the standard shortcut available via All Apps

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

From the information given the best thing is to backup device data and hard reset..

Using hardware buttons

1. Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the Power button for two seconds and selecting Power off.

2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold Power.

3. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the Android logos appear on the screen.

4. Press Volume Down to toggle to the Factory Reset option, and select it using the Power button.

The Thunderbolt will then hard reset and take a few minutes to complete

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

so if you click on the time from the clock/weather widget, it doesn't take you to the clock app? Before doing a full reset try clearing data for Sense.  Settjngs-appplication-manage applications-all.  Scroll down to htc sense and you should see two listings.  Clear data for both and see if that works.  May have to reconfigure your homescreen but that's better than a factory reset.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Clearing the data to HTC Sense might just work. I have the clock app missing from the app drawer as well. I didn't want to clear the data for Sense just yet, but I do have Launcher Pro installed and partially setup. I just went to the Sense app, cleared the defaults, and selected Launcher Pro as my Home Launcher. When I open the app drawer under Launcher Pro, the Clock application is listed with the rest of the applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Just got u . pgrade and missing clock widget
rowdyrinny

I panicked this morning when I couldn't find my clock too but all I did was tap on the clock on my main screen and it took me right to the app with the alarm/desk clock, timer, stop watch etc.  I've tried a few clocks and any of them work just by tapping them.  Hope this helps someone before they go to alot of trouble.

0 Likes