Keeps restarting when using location on Rezound after ICS update
VPatel

I just updated Rezound with Ice Cream Sandwich, and the only problem I see is whenever I use Google Maps or Any location based services, my phone just restarts. Seems like ICS update can not handle location services on Rezound, any suggestion would be helpful.    

0 Likes
Re: Keeps restarting when using location on Rezound after ICS update
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's not ICS, it's Maps, please use the search function to find the solution in one of the few threads it has already been posted in.

0 Likes
lucyarjona

same for me

0 Likes
HuskerFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maps & Google Navigation do not work on my Rezound since I downloaded ICS, so I am thinking it is ICS.  I have cleared the updates from Maps, and from Navigation, and I still cannot use the Google Navigation app any longer.  I would think that Verizon or Google would have fixed this by now.  I guess they no longer care, because I see multiple people with this issue, and nothing from Verizon explaining how to fix it, or when this will be fixed.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's Maps, and it's a known issue, if you uninstall updates, make sure you uncheck automatically install updates on the market page.

0 Likes
Grwall

Did you ever get an answer?  I didn't see a link to fix.  I have the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled maps and navigation.  My phone also now just turns itself off indiscriminatley.  I asked Verizon if I could switch back to the old O.S., but they said once it is pushed out by google it can't be removed.  Their suggestion was to clear my phone back to factory specs. and see if that helps.

0 Likes
HuskerFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only answer I have been given, which is lame to me, is to uninstall all updates, and turn off automatic updating.  I would think that by now there would be a true fix for this issue, instead of using outdated versions of software with this OS.  I guess that as long as it works, that everything is ok.  As big a fan as I am of android, this has me seriously considering switching to the new iPhone, and paying extra for everything to work together, regardless of the updating.  This is a horrid example of customer service.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An update to Maps has been released since the original message in this discussion. The update addresses the issues Rezound owners were having.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HuskerFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154,

So if I now update my Maps app, it will actually work with ICS?  I may sound sarcastic, but this is a major frustration for me.  I got this phone because of the ability to use it in mulitple ways, especially as a GPS.  When this function went down, I almost went back to my old Droid Incredible.  I will try this update.  I will also report back whether it works or not.  Thank you for the heads up about the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should.

Can you please verify that the last update for Maps works on the Rezound?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes