LCD Issue, should I have screen replaced?
bdial

I have an HTC Thunderbolt with a LCD problem.  There is no visible damage, but there is a part of the screen about half an inch wide that runs top to bottom where the touchscreen doesn't work.  I can't type letters that appear in the area, and programs like art programs produce jusut weird lines in that area.  Is this something that a glass/digitizer repair would fix? i don't want to shell out the $100ish unless i'm pretty sure

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LCD Issue, should I have screen replaced?
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any reason to suspect you don't have a warranty?  The phone hasn't been out for a year yet so if you got it directly from vzw you should be under warranty if there's no physical damage and it hasn't gotten wet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any reason to suspect you don't have a warranty?  The phone hasn't been out for a year yet so if you got it directly from vzw you should be under warranty if there's no physical damage and it hasn't gotten wet.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I had a simular issue and I was able to resolve it with a hard reset and it seemed to have been a software issue for me because once I reinstalled all apps it happened again.

Try uninstalling any recent apps installed...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. In order to resolve your issue can you please PM me your name and number and I can see what other options we have for you. Hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To the Op:  Both suggestions are great The one from Wildman can solve many issues as sometimes an update can Cause issues But if doing a Factory Reset seems hard to do you can go to the store an they can do the Reset for ya an then help you reset up your T-Bolt. An the one from Sam is also good as he can go thru with you to help you decide your choices on eather a the Reset or to get a new T-Bolt if needed But one thing i will say is you should have a full one Year warrenty on the T-Bolt an you can call HTC... i'll send you a PM with the Info To HTC.  But i hope you can get this resolved.  An a Have a Happy Thanksgiven.  B33  :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
bdial

thanks for the great responses everyone i'm sure i'l have it fixed soon! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes