LTE on/off contoll
wshakeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone tell me how to access the 4G LTE on off contol that is suppose to be part of the recent firmware update? I've looked for it, but I haven't found it on the phone. Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LTE on/off contoll
wshakeman
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Menu button > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network type

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann did your area get LTE or is it scheduled to get it soon. i was trying to remember if you got it or not.

0 Likes
wshakeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
This has actually been there since the phone came out.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@FAUguy
The network type option was only introduced to the Thunderbolt in latest MR2 update.

It was available out of the box on the DROID Charge and the LG Revolution.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
marvinh
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Ann154,

I just want to be sure I'm in the right place to control the LTE on off.  The last choice in the menu says 'Network Mode'.  Is this the same as 'Network Type'?

By the way, I called Verizon Tech support and they have no idea about this control.  We get the best information right here from this forum!  :smileyhappy: 

Thank you!  Marvin

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yes, it is called "network mode". My bad for typing it wrong earlier.

0 Likes