Latest Update
MO9LFF

Had the unpleasant surprise of Verizon updating my software for my Thunderbolt (not even 2 years old). Everything worked fine before the update except for the fact that now when making a phone call I have to have it on speaker for anyone to hear me. Mic works fine for google search etc. Went to the Verizon and their best suggestion was to upgrade my phone for a couple hundred dollars. can u say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

0 Likes
Re: Latest Update
paddyjpm

I had the same problem with the Phone feature on my unit. When I call someone I can hear them but they cannot hear me. The phone is really VERY sluggish now. The update downloaded automatically yesterday morining and the phone has not been working correctly since. My phone is not 2 year old either. My personal situation is I have family emergency going on with a parent who out of state right now and this is a major issue. Verizon needs to get this fixed PRONTO. In reviewing your posting and many others who are experiencing similar issue; this is a lot irresponsible CRAP from Verizon. The solution offered by Verizon to upgrade is just plain silly. Are they going to provide it at their cost. After all this is their defective product/service and we their valued customer must fit the bill? BULLLLL!!!!

0 Likes
Hugtou
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same happened to me as paddyjpm. My Thunderbolt was working normally for nearly two years. Then, Google sent an update to my Thunderbolt. When making a call, I could hear the person on the other end, but they could not hear me. Took it to a Verizon store. They said it was likely a virus and wanted me to buy another device. I suggested to the guy to reset the phone back to the original settings. They did and I lost nearly everything stored except pics & contacts! The cell phone however does work normally.

0 Likes
paddyjpm

Just so you knw. I called Verizon Technical help. They had me check the phone, first, to see if there was any errant software that might be causing the issue; there was not. Finally they had me do a "factory re-set", which essentially wiped out all my personal settings, accounts ... Luckily before we did that we saved down all my personal files to my card. This DID fix the problem that I was having. However, I had to set-up all my personal accounts, downloaded apps and what not. Try this option it did work but make sure you save/back-up any files that you do not want to loose.

0 Likes