Location of water damage indicator
mercynursie

My camera stopped working on my Rhyme over the weekend.If I try to use the camera feature,the phone shuts down.All other features seem to be working.I talked with tech on phone yesterday,went through different attempts,camera reset,new camera app,hard reset but problem was unable to be resolved.The only thing I could not check was for moisture damage and the tech couldn't give me an exact location to check for this on the phone.Even my husband looked for it. Tech said since other features were working that moisture damage wasn't the problem anyway and the phone is being replaced. I carry the phone in my jean pockets and have not dropped in water.But I want to know where to check for the moisture on the phone in case I need to troubleshoot again.Anyone know exactly where to check for this? Battery cannot be removed on these phones.

0 Likes
Location of water damage indicator
LyniAnni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just opened this community because of a different problem that I need answered as I'm New to "smart phones" & paying dearly 4 it, but, B-4 my iphone upgrade fiasco, My LG had started freezing & re-starting while taking pics. During my visits to the V store, I overheard other customers, with different  phones, having the same issue. I believe the problem is with the new technology. They automatically do an "update/backup" in the early hours now. I was made aware of it because every night they did this, & the "wheel symbol" & "Goodbye" would "hang" on my phone & run my battery dead by the time I woke. Every Day. The V Store changed the time to earlier evening so I could catch it & hit the end button B4 my battery drained. There may be many complaints about batteries as well pics until they resolve this. Lord only knows what other glitches come with this daily intrusion.

0 Likes
Re: Location of water damage indicator
mercynursie

I never really got an answer to this,but while playing with the phone and doing another software update the camera started working! My replacement phone arrived the next morning,but I wasn't sure if I should just keep my phone and return the replacement/keep the replacement. I took my phone in to the local Verizon store and had their people take a look at it.The tech there said same thing-no evidence of water damage and the phone was working perfectly at the time. Of course I get home and the camera starts acting up again! So I'll be keeping the replacement and it will not be good if they try to say that moisture caused the problem!Everyone I spoke with at Verizon has told me that keeping the phone in my jean pocket/rain would not cause a problem since the phone isn't submerged in water.I got to thinking about that and I thought about my hubby's phone that he keeps on his belt loop.Duh! his would get way wetter in rain than mine would!

0 Likes
Re: Location of water damage indicator
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would not be surprised if the moisture indicator was still in the battery compartment.  The techs who would be responsible for checking these sorts of things, I would think, would have the means to access it.

0 Likes