Locking repeat solved issues at top of forum.
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I'm a newbie to this forum but Im noticing a trend of the same issues getting posted because people are not reading through the past posts. It's especially bad when repeat bad advise gets posted ( *228 for example ). I noticed in some of the other forums ( iphone ) there are topics locked at the top of the forum. Can someone with better knowledge of the forums lock some of the good info in here to the top. I'm thinking the sms, network connection, and battery life topics need to be at the top for all to see.

Thanks,  

Gary

0 Likes
Re: Locking repeat solved issues at top of forum.
AZSALUKI
Legend

the moderators do that. none of us can. they "sticky" certain threads up there (usually it is there own though, but i think they do it from time to time on VERY helpful threads). you'll notice that they are all verizon admins/moderators that have stickied threads up top in the other forums.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Looking at those threads now I see they are admins, interesting.. I think it's funny they stickied " iphone and itunes " must be a real complicated process getting music on your iphone 😄 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, a FAQ/how-to would be good, especially with it being their first 4G phone.  You can only edit the first post during a certain window so it'd really only be effective if a mod created and actively managed it.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

GreenRobot wrote:

Looking at those threads now I see they are admins, interesting.. I think it's funny they stickied " iphone and itunes " must be a real complicated process getting music on your iphone 😄 

lol...if you look through the threads, you'd be surprised at how many people didn't realize that you basically can't do ANYTHING (including activate the phone) without itunes. there were people buying the iphone that didn't even have a mac or pc so they would have to go to a friends house, install itunes, and set up an account......just to activate it. updates are through itunes via the usb, etc, etc. so some people got it and can basically do very little with it.  

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

GreenRobot wrote:

lol...if you look through the threads, you'd be surprised at how many people didn't realize that you basically can't do ANYTHING (including activate the phone) without itunes. there were people buying the iphone that didn't even have a mac or pc so they would have to go to a friends house, install itunes, and set up an account......just to activate it. updates are through itunes via the usb, etc, etc. so some people got it and can basically do very little with it.  

Awesome! I have a little sibling rivalry and it's over the iphone or android debate. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that a popular thread was a topic for basically playing music. Now I love it even more that people can't even update or activate their iphone without being forced to go to computer and create an account.

I guess Androids are smarter since we don't need moderators or admin making stickies for basic phone operations 😄

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol...yeah, don't get me started on apple/iphone. it's a great device if you're already a mac user or already use itunes for your music. but head to head, there's really no argument. aside from battery life, the higher end androids blow away the iphone in nearly every way. (it has a great screen and great battery and it's very easy to use...i'll give it that much). just my opinion, but androids are more for those who don't mind learning a thing or two about their $600 high tech device, in order to set it up EXACTLY as they need it....as opposed to getting a $600 device that works great as is, and is much less customizable. 

0 Likes